Activity Ideas to Keep Your Kids Happy, Healthy, and Entertained at Home
The coronavirus shutdown is putting parents in a tough spot. If your kids are home from school for the foreseeable future, you may be wondering how you’re going to fill the empty days ahead — especially if you’re trying to limit screen time.
Fortunately, there are ways to help your kids keep learning, remain healthy, and stay happy at home without excessive screen time.
Check out the following resources below for ways to keep your kids engaged while school is closed!
Activities for Health and Well-Being
- 12 Ways to Encourage Kids To Make Healthy Eating Choices
- Cooking with Your Kids Has a Surprising Number of Benefits
- Backyard Fun: Fun & Easy Activity Ideas for Kids To Do at Home
Encouraging Learning at Home
- 4 Easy Ways to Add Math to Your Early Learner's Daily Routine
- How to Improve Reading Comprehension for Kids
- 9 Play-Based Science Activities That Build STEM Skills
- Monitor Screen Time, And Keep Devices Protected
How to Leave Kids Home Alone
- 4 Tips for Creating a Cool Blanket Fort for Kids
- Scavenger Hunt Ideas for Kids
- Snap! 12 Classic Card Games to Teach the Kids
Although you might have to make some adjustments to your daily routine, you and your kids will get used to your new schedule before you know it. Incorporate learning into everyday activities, create opportunities for screen-free play, take advantage of your backyard, and use this time together to encourage key life skills.
Most importantly, let your kids get creative! Left to their own imaginations, kids can entertain themselves for hours on end.
This article is contributed by Gwen Payne